- Bilingual – English/Spanish Speaking Staff
- Comprehensive pain and symptom management
- Skilled nurses available 24/7
- Licensed Nursing Assistants to provide bathing, dressing, and other personal care for patients
- Medications, medical equipment, and supplies that are related to the life-limiting diagnosis are delivered to the patient’s doorstep.
- Spiritual and emotional support from chaplains and social workers
- Volunteers can provide companionship and additional assistance with errands and other activities such as cleaning dishes, getting groceries, reading to the patient, or simply holding their hand. They can also serve to give the primary caregiver some respite.
Who is Eligible?
Deciding when an individual is ready for Hospice Care services is an important choice.
General guidelines are:
- When an individual has been diagnosed with a terminal illness and given a prognosis of six (6) months or less
- When curative measures are no longer effective, or the individual elects to discontinue curative treatments
Some people have diseases that can be managed or slowed, but not cured. These conditions can include:
- Heart Disease (CHF, Cardiomyopathy)
- Lung Disease (COPD, Emphysema, etc.)
- Kidney Disease (Renal Failure)
- Liver Disease (Hepatitis, Cirrhosis)
- Alzheimer’s Disease or Dementia
- Parkinson’s Disease or Lou Gehrig’s Disease
- Certain Birth Defects
As these diseases progress, it becomes harder to prolong life and preserve quality-of-life. When aggressive measures are more likely to prolong suffering than restore health, it may be time to consider hospice care. Hospice focuses on making the end-of-life period a comfortable and meaningful time.
Where are services provided?
- In a nursing home
- In an assisted living facility
Are Hospice Services Covered by Insurance?
Medicare, AHCCCS, (Medicaid) and most private insurance companies cover hospice services. Uninsured patients who are eligible for hospice are not denied services for inability to pay. Hospice of Yuma receives funds through community donations and fundraisers to help cover these costs.
Our Service Area:
Hospice of Yuma services patients in Yuma, San Luis AZ, Gadsden, Somerton, Wellton, Tacna, Roll and Lake Martinez.