Grieving the Death of a Spouse
When you experience the death of a spouse, your entire world changes. These changes are often overwhelming. You need support. At Hospice of Yuma, we recognize and validate that need as you mourn and grieve the death of your spouse, which is a significant loss.You May Feel:
- Unable to make decisions
- Unable to find purpose in your life
These are all normal feelings during your grief. Our friends and family who love us often want to heal the pain. Although no one can take away the pain, we do know of ways to help you cope and learn what works for you to help you heal and move forward on your personal life journey.
Our program offers many tools that are proven to be essential and effective for the bereaved, some of which include:
- Grief support meetings
- One-on-one personal visits with a Grief Recovery Specialist
- Resources that can help with personal finances
- Bereavement activities such as brunches and dinners, which offers someone grieving the opportunity to be around a support system of people who have or currently are going through the grieving process themselves. Life-long friendships have been made during these activities, that last well after a person is no longer actively participating in the bereavement program.
- Reiki Guided Meditation & Sound Healing
- Grief Share Program & Grief Recovery Program
One of the other things that differentiates the Hospice of Yuma Bereavement Program from others is that we have Bereavement Volunteers, many of whom have also experienced the death of a spouse. They have experienced that pain, fear, and loss of purpose and are willing to listen and provide caring support. They offer proof and hope that you too can survive and move forward in life.
Our grief program is available to all. No one needs to go through the death of their spouse alone without a support that is essential. We at Hospice of Yuma will always provide the care, empathy, and support you need during your grieving process